Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Friends in Faith:

Yes, I am still here. And, no, the world didn’t come to an end on Saturday, at least not for anyone reading this message.

But, whether we like it or not; whether we are prepared or not; whether we have changed the way we are living our life or not—we are all closer to our end, to judgment day, to the end of what we know as life on earth.

But are we one day closer to heaven or are we one day closer to hell? Would we be satisfied that tomorrow or even the next second might be our last?

“But of that day or hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when the time will come.” Mark 13:33-34

Just because the world didn’t end Saturday doesn’t mean that the world won’t end someday. And just like we didn’t know whether that day would be Saturday, we really don’t know when that day will be.

Jesus also told us how we should love, how we would know His love and how He would reveal His love so that we could be with Him in our final time:

“Jesus said to his disciples: “Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, “Master, then what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me. “I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you.” Jn 14:21-26

I have been taught His commandments, so am I living His commandments? God has been revealed to me thru Jesus’ death on the cross, so am I keeping His word, am I loving as He has taught me to love, and am I willing to sacrifice my life for His?

Or am I waiting until the last possible moment to make that choice, living day to day, and hoping that somehow I will know when my last day will be, so that I can change, pray, accept, love, serve, believe, care or give, “just in time.”

When will the last day be, when will my last day be? I don’t know. But I do know
that I am not going to wait to find out, to try to “market time” my life. God deserves better! Jesus gave us more, therefore I need to give everything, not just at the end, but all the time.

Heavenly Father: Praise be the time You have given me, Your time. Thank you for each moment you give me to learn to serve you. Thank you for all the time I have been given to spend with Stan, with my family, and with my friends. But most importantly thank you for the time I have to give back to you. I owe you so much for your promise of heaven. Help me to make every choice as if it were my last. Help me to speak every word as if it were my last. Help me to be deserving of an eternal life with you. Amen.

Make every moment count!

Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment