Monday, May 21, 2012

Right Road--Giving God Priority

Women of Faith:

Life constantly throws us “curve balls” readjusting our schedules, sending us new duties, illness, or even hurts and sufferings so that we are given the chance to reaffirm our “road” and to be allowed to make our choice FOR God.
And this was one of those weeks where I was reminded over and over again that as long as I stay on the “right road” I can accomplish and achieve something much more worthy by following Him than I can by following a road I made for myself.

Because my ultimate goal is to work thru God, for God and in God, then the journey He sets for me is often different than the one I expected, tried to control or even envisioned in my well laid plans.
If we have truly been called by Christ and have chosen to follow Him, then our mission, our goals in life, and our road to that goal will have been given to us by Christ’s life here on earth, not by our will, but by His. “Thy will be done.”

I, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace: one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all…..
And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers, to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature to manhood, to the extent of the full stature of Christ. Eph 4:1-13

And as long as I know where I am going, what my priority is, what my goal is in life, than I will do whatever it takes to get there, I will constantly readjust the turns in my life to stay on the “right road.”
Jesus said to his disciples: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned. These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out demons, they will speak new languages. They will pick up serpents with their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them. They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." Mk 16:15-20

I was told over the weekend, “you don’t have time for this, you have other things to do, you shouldn’t be here and you shouldn’t be taking the time to talk to me.” And my answer was, “no, this is where God wants me to be, this is my choice, I will be here now, where my friends NEED me to be.”
I hope you too were given an opportunity to be called by God: to be a witness to Him. And that you took that opportunity and answered God’s call, YES!!

I hope that God chose you to lift up your spouse, to love a friend thru their pain, to find joy with a young person as they walked across a high school or college graduation stage or to care for a loved one who was suffering illness: to offer peace, comfort, caring and kindness as St. Paul did for all he met on the different roads he traveled.
Heavenly Father, we give glory in your name. Help us take the opportunity to push away the devil and our own selfish desires; and to listen to and speak the words you have given us which encourage and offer peace, joy and comfort to others. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be your servant and to build up Your Body of Christ. May we all become one in union with you, in one faith, in one baptism and in one Church. Amen.

Are you listening to God’s call? Are you willing to make Him your priority and to change your ways so that you will stay on the “right road, His road?” Are you making your spouse a priority even while patiently waiting for them to accept your love? Have you been available for a friend who needs your help or a stranger who needs a word of kindness or have you been “too busy” to see their needs?

Take the time, follow Christ’s road this week, and use your God given gifts to make His tasks your priority,

Be blessed on your journey down the right road!
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment