Monday, June 18, 2012

I Saw a Sermon


Women of Faith:
It is always difficult to go back to work after a few days off, but for me I hope today will be different because I “Saw a Sermon:” A sermon which showed me a new vision of peace and tranquility –trust and calm.

Sermons We See, by Edgar Guest
"I'd rather see a sermon
than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me
than merely tell the way.
The eye's a better pupil
and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing,
but example's always clear;
And the best of all preachers
are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action
is what everybody needs.


I soon can learn to do it
if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action,
but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lecture you deliver
may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons
by observing what you do;
For I might misunderstand you
and the high advice you give,
But there's no misunderstanding
how you act and how you live."


And I would like to thank some of our “tour guides” of the past three weeks for this “Sermon I See:” Fr. Chris Ditomo, Fr. Patrick, Fr. Stephen and Brother Michael.
Their collective “sermon I saw” was perfect for our time spent away from the craziness of life. And what I saw was “calm” and “trust” led by “joy in each moment” and “peace in their place.”

While we didn’t really sit still while we were together – time seemed almost as if it had stopped. There was no sense of urgency, only a sense of calm waiting and an anticipation and trust of where God would next lead us on our journey.
These young, energetic, faith filled men have learned to follow this weekend’s parable of TRUST that God will work if we let Him.

‘Jesus said to the crowds: "This is how it is with the kingdom of God; it is as if a man were to scatter seed on the land and would sleep and rise night and day and through it all the seed would sprout and grow, he knows not how. Of its own accord the land yields fruit, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. And when the grain is ripe, he wields the sickle at once, for the harvest has come."’ Mk 4:26-34
Collectively they were a “Sermon I could see” – the trust they have given to God in both their opportunities and their challenges: to grow them, mold them, and to let them bear the fruit and spread truth on their journey thru life: to truly be servants of God.

Heavenly Father: You are Here, You are Present, You are blessing me with everything I need. Help me to Trust that you will take care of my needs. Help me to give you Control of my life. Guide my actions, which speak louder than words, to always be honorable to Your call. Let me always be a willing servant. Thank you for keeping us safe on our travels and for opening doors to “new vision.” Bless all of those you call to the vocation of religious service. Amen.
Will you allow God to live through you?

Will your actions this week be a “sermon someone will see?”
Blessings,

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment