Monday, February 10, 2014

Made for More

Women of Faith:

“But I did what was asked of me.”

“Is he grateful to that servant because he did what was commanded? So should it be with you. When you have done all you have been commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants; we have done what we were obliged to do.’” Lk 17: 9-10

I am made for more. More than I can possibly imagine.

God has made me for more than doing just what I am obliged to do: to go to Church on Sunday, to honor my parents/the elderly, to have compassion for my neighbor, to tithe 10% of my earnings and to respect and in love, serve, my spouse.

And often I fail at doing even what I am obliged to do. I am distracted at church, I don’t call my mom as often as I should, I judge a decision made by a friend, I waste money on a frivolous purchase, or I am impatient with Stan’s last minute change of plans.

And in this same chapter of Luke appear the words “increase our faith.” Make us MORE.

Heavenly Father, You have created us in your image. Please forgive my human imperfection when I do less than, or only, what I am obliged to do. Open my eyes to see those around me who are struggling in any way, and help those who need you, to see you, in me. Open my ears to listen with kindness and patience, just as you hear and answer my own prayers. And open my heart to say yes to what more you are asking of me. Increase my faith in you. Amen.

God’s call is not about just obeying his commandments. He knows we aren’t perfect.

God’s call is about changing myself to be more today than I was yesterday.

Strive to be more. God is always ready with more grace to make us more. The possibilities are endless.

Blessings,

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment