Monday, January 5, 2015

Epiphany

Friends of Faith:
Have you ever had an “epiphany,” an “ah, ha,” an “I get it moment,” (a miracle big or small) which allowed you to see Christ’s presence in your life?

The three Wisemen did. God was revealed to them, they took action, and they were rewarded by an Epiphany—a manifestation of Christ’s presence to them.

And behold, the star that they had seen at its rising preceded them, until it came and stopped over the place where the child was. They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage.” Mt 2: 1-12

I have had problems, big and small, where I prayed really hard making God promises “if only….” and then a “coincidence” happened that was really a miracle.

I have thanked God by resolving to “never again….” I have done God homage by making Mass a gift - wholeheartedly awaited and looked forward to, just so I could say “thank you” as I receive the Eucharist.

Each of these readings are from this week—a week in which I have thanked and received answers to even my unspoken and un-thought of questions. And as usual a week in which God made Himself available – when I asked, and when I failed to ask or to meet my own and/or God’s expectations.

Beloved: We receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another just as he commanded us. Those who keep his commandments remain in him, and he in them, and the way we know that he remains in us is from the Spirit whom he gave us….. We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit. Jn 3: 22- 4: 6

He answers every prayer in His time and in His way—teaching me patience, courage, gratitude, and perseverance along the way. He waits in every moment for my response regardless of where I am at or of how big (or small) my problem is.
Beloved: Who is the liar? Whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Whoever denies the Father and the Son, this is the antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well. …. And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming. Jn 2: 22-28
God knows what is best for me and what will in the end make each of us holy – what will change us and mold us into His little children – eagerly anticipating, excited, and ready to be in His presence and by doing His will by serving others. He has confidence in me and I hope I do not disappoint him. I hope I am not put to shame.
I know Christ. I have a relationship with Him. I have seen His presence and experienced His miracles. He has taught me and He has blessed me.

And yet if I would only remember yesterday, I would remember the many gifts he has bestowed on me in only a single day. I would thank him for the miracles I have been given and the grace and love He has revealed to me. I would anticipate every opportunity to put God first and I would share every gift I have been given without thought, without waiver, with the same love as God shared His son, and Jesus shared His life.

The epiphany is real. It is today. It is both big and small gifts from God. May it be yours today and every day,
Blessings,
Charlotte
 

No comments:

Post a Comment