Monday, December 28, 2015

O Come All Ye Faithful

Women of Faith:

O Come, All Ye Faithful, Joyful & Triumphant for we have been blessed by the birth of Your Holy Savior, Christ Jesus.

 “The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of our great God and savior Jesus Christ.” Ti 2: 11-14

So, am I truly faithful, joyful and triumphant? Do I accept the training I am being given to reject godless ways and worldly desires?

It IS the true reason for the appearance of the glory of God – Jesus Christ our savior!

I am being called to live according to His commandments, faithful in my trust, to live devoutly so that I can trust that God (not I) will handle whatever comes my way—even if it causes me distress, sorrow or suffering.
I am being called to be triumphant and joyful in all the gifts I have been given—especially for the freedom to have the opportunities to know Jesus and to accept His very real presence in the Eucharist and in my very life itself.

“Beloved: This is the message that we have heard from Jesus Christ and proclaim to you: God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all. If we say, “We have fellowship with him,” while we continue to walk in darkness, we lie and do not act in truth. But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of his Son Jesus cleanses us from all sin. If we say, “We are without sin,” we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we acknowledge our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from every wrongdoing. If we say, “We have not sinned,” we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 Jn 1: 5-2: 2

I constantly remind myself that I have been given so much more than so many other believers, especially those in other countries. Opportunities for family, spiritual guidance and even material possessions: gifts which I may be asked to give back even though it may cause me pain because I have become used to “having” that particular gift.

And I know that the greatest gifts I have been given are the ones that don’t “cost money”: my very life and the love and acceptance of my human faults by family and friends, especially by those I so often take for granted.

And I am reminded also of the gifts of wisdom and knowledge which allow me to freely know and learn more and more about His plans, His design and to see the signs of His presence in my life. I am amazed by what is revealed to me, for the more I know, the more I know there is to know.

Heavenly Father: Thank you for showing me your presence in my life. Help me to remain your faithful and trusting servant. Allow me to be triumphantly joyful, especially for the gifts of your mercy and forgiveness, which you give to me so freely when I fail to acknowledge and obey your design for my life. Please help me to use my gifts wisely so that others may see “Jesus” through me. Amen.

Keep the true Spirit of Christmas alive in your life – Oh, come let us adore Him by, in, and with faithful, exuberant, and joyful trust!
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
Blessings,
Charlotte

www.morningreflection.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment