Monday, October 23, 2017

Christ is the Answer

Friends of Faith:

Like many people living in our current culture I am constantly searching for peace in the answers of how to live as a Christian and not be discouraged by all of the divisions reflected in our culture. And I hear friends and acquaintances asking similar questions.

Philosophical questions as to why someone handles a tough circumstance so well, speaks the truth even when it isn’t what “everyone else is saying,” or accepts someone else’s wrongdoings that are covered up under the guise of “we have to accept everyone," "I can’t judge them," or "it doesn’t affect me” and how and where to find peace and joy in this troubled world.

And practical questions of what to do or say to a spouse when they seem to pay little attention to feelings you think really matter, how to raise their children to be “good” adults, how to stay calm while a family member or friend attacks your point of view or to be charitable when we’re affected by someone who fails to pay their bills or earn a living even though they have the means to pay or work.

I was privileged to listen to Fr. John Ricardo last week and his answer, the answer I know, but sometimes “hide,” reverberates in my head: CHRIST IS THE ANSWER!!

I am the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides me. It is I who arm you, though you know me not, so that toward the rising and the setting of the sun people may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD, there is no other. Is 45: 4-6

For our gospel did not come to you in word alone, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with much conviction. 1 Thess 1:5

Christ is the answer. There is no other. He speaks to us in Scripture, in power, AND in the Holy Spirit with much conviction.

Am I searching? Am I listening? Am I studying and constantly seeking a deeper understanding of Christ, the Answer? Do I stop long enough to pray, and am I patient enough to wait for His answer?

The culture constantly pulls us away from Christ because God has thrown the devil down to Earth and allowed that evil to test us while giving us His freedom to choose and seek His answer in our daily decisions.  Are we asking Christ and are we willing to listen to what HE has to say? Or are we trying to make our own way?

Am I willing to listen to the Answer of the One and Only Church Christ left on this earth, or am I menu picking and listening only to what I want to hear? And am I listening to the media, the culture, someone’s ego, or a half truth that is speaking louder than Christ’s whisper?

Fr. Ricardo said, “God gave us everything in this world, but the world often doesn’t seem to care or appreciate what we have been given as shown to Him because there is too much noise and we are too egotistical. But God WANTS HIS world BACK!!!”

Christ is the Answer! It is His Word (not everyone else’s); It is His truth (being judgmental does not mean acceptance of sin, and silence of wrongdoing says we accept the actions that are wrong); and we must know Him to become like Him.  He is The Way, The Truth and The Life!

May you find peace in Christ’s answer.
Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment