Monday, September 19, 2011

Searching

Women of Faith:
This is a reflection of hope; a hope that I am always encouraged within the encounters of those also searching along a similar journey in their marriage vocations.

It is often how I feel after we spend time preparing for and sharing within our Covenant of Love, date night family as we did last night.

The response is overwhelming humbling. It is the knowledge that we are given so much, yet need so very little. It comes from those who are also searching for the truth. Ready to share, willing to give up everything for each other and yet so like ourselves in their struggles in daily life. Trying to balance love for each other with their own needs; trying to balance family needs with life’s worldly pressures.

I find myself searching for just the right words, to reach just one more person. I find myself searching for just the right answers, for some secret that will fix all the brokenness, not just in the small circle of those closest to us, but in the entire world around us.

And as most answers go, the answer is so close we tend to overlook the most obvious. (I had to look no farther than these readings left open on my computer.)

“With their patience worn out by the journey, the people complained against God and Moses…."We have sinned in complaining against the LORD and you. Pray the LORD to take the serpents from us."” 1 NM 21:4B-9

“Hearken, my people, to my teaching; incline your ears to the words of my mouth…they inquired after God again, Remembering that God was their rock, … but they lied to him with their tongues, Though their hearts were not steadfast toward him, nor were they faithful to his covenant. But he, being merciful, forgave their sin and destroyed them not; ...Often he turned back his anger and let none of his wrath be roused. Do not forget the works of the Lord!" PS 78:1BC-2, 34-35, 36-37, 38

"Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped…., he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death,… that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend." 2 PHIL 2:6-11

“So must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life." For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,but that the world might be saved through him." JN 3:13-17


Heavenly Father: With my patience worn thin, help me to remember that You are my rock. Thank you for forgiving all my sins, for not being angry when I search for something or someone other than Your all merciful truth. Let me bend my knee in prayer, so that I may have eternal life. Thank you for Your never ending merciful, healing, forgiveness. Thank you for sending us Your son so that we might all be saved. Amen.

It is through Him we have hope. It is through Him that our searching will be completed. It is through Him that we are saved.

Seek and you shall find! Forgive and be forgiven! Pray and your prayers will be answered!

Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment