Monday, December 30, 2013

Walk in His Way in 2014


Friends of Faith:
Blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in His ways. Ps 128: 1

I often wonder what my life would be like if I could, in my humanity, completely live this one single Psalm, this one line of scripture.
I often wonder what ALL our lives, our community and our world would be like if we ALL could truly, completely, walk in His way—if evil and temptation, society and deception never entered our lives.

And Sunday, this Psalm was followed by the beginning of my favorite “to be” readings, a reading I continually strive to live better. Another reading that makes me wonder if….

Brothers and sisters: Put on, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do. And over all these put on love, that is, the bond of perfection. And let the peace of Christ control your hearts, the peace into which you were also called in one body. And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Col 3:12-21
I know that to live this sacred reading completely seems “idealistic,” difficult and virtually impossible for mere human beings.

But we aren’t “just” human… Through our baptism we are God’s children. And God makes all things possible. Possible to try, possible to hope, possible to forgive, possible to be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle and patient, for it is what HE calls us to do.
And then the peace of Christ will control our hearts.

It is possible to hope and to pray that everyone we love will join us in faith, because God makes possible the gift of faith to everyone. And he gives everyone the free will to open their hearts and eyes to be taught by example through the peace and joy surrounding us in our own lives.
So have the courage to mentor, teach, and if necessary admonish and ultimately seek forgiveness for those who sell God and their faith short.

Heavenly Father, In the name of Jesus, I give thanks to You in all that I do. I yearn for and seek patience with those who seem to discount Your goodness. Give me compassion and kindness in abundance for those who are unaware of Your gifts in their lives. May the joy, the peace and the hope I have been given as a gift bring others to seek You, to know You and to Love You. Thank you for the gift of faith which controls my heart and helps me to walk in Your way. Amen.
Be thankful and let the peace of Christ dwell in you richly. And may God grant you an abundance of faith and forgiveness to share with others.

May your lives be blessed by Your resolve to Walk in His Way in 2014.
Happy New Year,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment