Monday, March 7, 2011

Simplicity

Women of Faith:

I go thru my each day with the complexities of life: choosing which obligation on my calendar I should fulfill in which order; explaining the complexities of the law of the government as I prepare taxes; figuring out how and when to pay the bills; challenging myself with a long list of tasks to do and people to see.

I am trying to put into balance work and money, home and family, social and friends and God.

And when I choose God over everything else as I did this weekend: spending time at CEW (Christian Experience Weekend), with Fr. Patrick, and spending time with my family, I keep hearing a very SIMPLE message: Truth and Trust; Seek and Know; Follow, love and Serve. He will provide.

Even the words associated with the peace and joy God brings to my life are less complex. Trust, Hope, Truth and Love.

Why do we make it so complicated?

• Fr. Patrick said, “Let Go, and Let Him in.”
• Fr. Corapi says: “In the end: there is heaven, or there is hell.”
• Matthew Kelly says, “Silence.”
• CEW’s message is Trust and Action: Let Go and Let God.
• And God’s message is Love. He promises to provide “our daily bread.”

Jesus said to his disciples: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Mt 7:7-12

Our mission and goal is simple: heaven. Our instructions: the ten commandments. Our path: His Word.

Why do we seek more than we need? Why do we try to carry ourselves? Why do we insist on tearing apart the message? Why has life become so complicated?
Because we are human and we are sinners. We are choosing to follow societal norms and laws made by people, instead of seeking and listening to God’s answers.

Dear God: Praise be Your word passed down to us thru the years, written and spoken, the bible and Church tradition. Help me to simplify my life. Help me to make my choices by following your commandments. I am sorry for the times I have chosen to feel good by choosing society complexities over Your simplicity. Thank you for the Fr. Patrick’s, the Fr. Corapi’s, the Matthew Kelly’s, and the CEW experience which serve to remind me to keep it simple. Amen.

Blessings! And Keep It Simple.
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment