Monday, November 7, 2011

Lucky Penny

Women of Faith:

I just found a “lucky penny:” to wish upon. But I did not wish because I don’t really believe in luck. I took it as another of God’s SIGNS because I believe in “God”incidences, not coincidences. And at the time I was asking God to help me write this morning’s reflection.

When I returned to my computer it had returned to yesterday’s readings and meditation:

“If God were to give you just one wish, what would you ask for?

Solomon asked for wisdom, and God made him the wisest king of all time - and He added riches, health, and long life besides. He was the envy of all other kings. Wisdom helps us to make the very best decisions, and to always choose the right path. It's like hitting the jackpot every day.”

“Resplendent and unfading is wisdom, and she is readily perceived by those who love her, and found by those who seek her. She hastens to make herself known in anticipation of their desire; Whoever watches for her at dawn shall not be disappointed, for he shall find her sitting by his gate. For taking thought of wisdom is the perfection of prudence, and whoever for her sake keeps vigil shall quickly be free from care; because she makes her own rounds, seeking those worthy of her, and graciously appears to them in the ways, and meets them with all solicitude.” Wis 6:12-16 (The “she” and “her” are wisdom.)

Our priest said yesterday that wisdom is not what I know, but knowing to follow what God gives us as the truth. The book of Wisdom says that God will grant me what I need to know in “anticipation” of my desire to know it. That I won’t be disappointed if I have the patience to wait for what God will set before me today and that wisdom will appear in the signs of God—if I am watching.

I feel not lucky, but blessed because “My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.” Ps 63:2 I am searching for God’s wisdom and truth in everything I do. I am looking for His sign’s and they are everywhere I turn—BECAUSE I am looking: He is truly everywhere.

And like yesterday’s gospel: the parable of the waiting virgins, Mt 25: 1-13, I trust in the Lord that I will be ready and waiting when He comes because His wisdom is teaching me that it is not “what” I know but rather what He wants me to know that is important.

Heavenly Father: Praise be Your wisdom in handing down Your teachings to us in scripture. Thank You for granting me the knowledge of Your truth. May we all continue to be blessed by the Spirit of wisdom that You show us in Your signs each day. Amen.

May you be blessed to find God’s signs so that you may know His wisdom today,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment