Monday, February 6, 2012

Hope in the Silence (Feb 6th entry not posted)

Friends in Faith:
More and more I find myself wanting silence. I find myself searching for a place and times where I can be alone, so that I can “hear” what it is that God wants me to say and do. I find myself choosing to escape work and avoiding the noise of cell phones, computers and the TV.

I used to be annoyed when I woke up early and could not fall back asleep. Lately I have taken this as an opportunity to lay and pray within the quiet of early morning.

Have you taken the time to be silent? For he says:

“I will come to you in the silence. I will lift you from all your fear. You will hear my voice. I claim you as my choice, be still and know I am here. I am hope for all who are hopeless, I am eyes for all who long to see, in the shadows of the night, I will be your light, come and rest in me.

“Do not be afraid, I am with you. I have called you each by name. Come and follow me, I will bring you home. I love you and you are mine.

“I am the strength for all the despairing, healing for the ones who dwell in shame. All the blind will see, the lame will all run free, and all will know my name.

"I am the Word that leads all to freedom, I am the peace the world cannot give. I will call your name, embracing all your pain, stand up now, walk, and live!

“Do not be afraid I am with you. I have called you each by name. Come and follow me, I will bring you home. I love you and you are mine.”
You Are Mine by Daniel Haas

Then Paul spoke these words: “If I preach the gospel, this is no reason for me to boast, for an obligation has been imposed on me, and woe to me if I do not preach it! If I do so willingly, I have a recompense, but if I do so unwillingly,” (out of duty) “then I have been entrusted with a stewardship…. Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible. To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some. All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may
have a share in it.”
1 Cor 9: 16-19, 22-23

I want to be sure that everything I think, everything I do, and everything
I say is done in, for and thru His glory. But I can only do that if I can find time to be silent to hear what He is saying to me.

He calms me when I get impatient or the demands on my time seem overwhelming.

He gives me hope that I will be blessed with a share of His glory so that when I get discouraged by the laws of man and selfish attitudes of human nature I can ask forgiveness and seek change in my own attitudes. I pray for those who do not yet see.

And I watch in wonder as those who search for His grace are changed because their hearts have been opened and they are willing to be blessed by the gifts of the Holy Spirit: right judgment, knowledge, courage, reverence, wonder and awe, understanding and wisdom.

I feel blessed to know that many of us seek the same Godly wisdom. It is easier to walk the path of faith knowing that we are walking together, with God carrying us through the rough times and leading us when it becomes dark, or we cannot see our companions on the journey.

Heavenly Father, Your silence can be deafening; your call but a whisper. Give me the patience to wait for your call. Open my heart to be ready and willing to listen so that I do not miss a word of the wisdom you want to share. Help me to never fear sharing with others what Your Spirit reveals to me. Teach me to speak compassionately and in righteousness, never judging but as your servant. Thank you for allowing me to see Your light in the signs and gifts shared by our family and friends. Amen.

I am so in awe of Him, and in what He has revealed to me, and yet I know there is so much more still hidden from me. May we all have peace in our hearts to know Him, trust Him and to patiently wait for God’s call.

I look forward to silence so that my ears will be opened. And I want to be ready to answer God’s call by giving Him my ALL.

May we all find time for silence to hear and reflect on His blessings on us throughout this week,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment