Monday, February 20, 2012

In Awe

Women of Faith:
My first title this morning was Rise Up and Say Amen. I wanted to write about Ash Wednesday and beginning anew. But there are some mornings when I don’t seem to have words, when I know what is in my heart but I don’t have the energy to think so I just want to use someone else’s words.

Not only am I searching for words, but for hope and light. I just want to be able to say “yes, amen, that’s right.”

I suppose it is human nature to doubt. I feel like my faith is strong, like I should have enough faith to always believe, but yet I am constantly awed by what is set before me.

I said to someone earlier this week, “Things just keep happening, in a good way, but not always in good circumstances. And I continue to feel, each time, “wow” can that really be. What just happened? I am awed by God’s presence. But, why am I still surprised and in awe? Awe and wonder is one of the seven gifts of the Spirit we receive at confirmation.”
So while some of you may be doubting and/or searching, I pray that you will have the faith to believe and have hope.

And for those of you who have been given, by the Spirit, the gift of awe in His presence, I pray that you will share your faith by being an example of hope, joy and love for others.

These are the words set before me this morning, the first song I heard, the bible verse I last read and words from both yesterday and today’s readings. I am so in awe!

“Everybody falls sometimes. Gotta find the strength to rise from the ashes and make a new beginning. Anyone can feel the ache. You think it’s more than you can take. But you're stronger, stronger than you know. Don’t you give up now. The sun will soon be shining. You gotta face the clouds to find the silver lining.

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn’t ever end. Even when the sky is falling I’ve seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That’s what faith can do.

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard. Impossible is not a word. It’s jus t a reason for someone not to try. Everybody’s scared to death when they decide to take that step, out on the water. It’ll be alright. Life is so much more than what your eyes are seeing. You will find your way. If you keep believing.”
What Faith Can Do – Kutless

“For however many are the promises of God, their Yes is in him; therefore, the Amen from us also goes through him to God for glory. But the one who gives us security with you in Christ and who anointed us is God; he has also put his seal upon us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a first installment.” 2 Cor 1: 20-22

“Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.”* Eph 5: 14

"Why could we not drive the spirit out?" He said to them, "This kind can only come out through prayer."
Mk 9:29

I am so in AWE!!

Heavenly Father, It is in your presence that I am awed! Thank you for the gift of awe and wonder sent by your Spirit. Give us strength to begin anew in this Lenten season and to rise from the ashes!! Help those who are struggling to find You. May they have the faith, strength and courage to ask for your guidance and wisdom. May they answer your call and do your will. Help me to continue to feel that “WOW!” To see the silver lining in the clouds and to pray unceasingly. I say, “Yes! Amen! I believe!” Amen.

God says it all! I can say no more—Have an AWEsome week,
Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment