Monday, April 22, 2013

Courage

Friends of Faith:

"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they never perish." (John 10:27-28)
What does it take to hear the voice of God? Courage!

Am I afraid to seek God’s truth? Am I afraid to listen to God’s truth, or am I afraid to act on God’s truth when I find it? Or do I have the courage to respond to this gift of the Spirit?
I need courage to stand up and be a faithful Christian: to know him, to love him and to serve him. It takes courage to hear his voice, to follow his voice and to serve Him, by putting Him ahead of me.

And it takes even greater courage to lead others back into the fold of the sanctuary of God’s flock, to lead by example and speak up for His righteousness.
“Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.” Psalm 96:6

Nothing in this world is easy. Individually, there are always challenges and conflicts to do what is right (to follow the commandments).
But what is not from God is from the devil, so until we have the courage to turn to God, to resist what is easy (or looks easy, or a way to “happy”) we will remain an easy target for evil.

And as a society it takes each of us as individuals to change and to have courage:  to choose to forgive instead of becoming angry; to choose to seek God in church on Sunday morning instead of sleeping in or attending a ball game; and to speak the truth instead of being politically correct.
Courage means making a choice FOR God—listening for, hearing and answering His voice.

Heavenly Father, Your flock is blessed with the beauty of Your sanctuary. Help me to have the strength to bear the sufferings of difficult choices. Help me to listen to Your voice. Give me the courage to seek Your truth. Give me the courage to share Your truth. Allow me to find the strength and beauty of Your sanctuary. Amen.
We are all his sheep. He knows us and we know His voice, but we must courageously listen. Will we have the courage to choose Him? Or will we choose the easy way out?

He is waiting for us to follow Him.
Blessings, 
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment