Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Advent Hope


Friends of Faith:
Like little children trying to be good for the Christmas Santa, the preparations of Advent symbolically guide us to become ready for the Christmas Jesus.

I hope that the rewards of the coming of Christ will be searched for every day.
I hope that every Christmas light illuminating our home represents a life being touched by my presence.

I hope that instead of BUYING gifts for those whose needs are already met I will recognize those that truly have a physical need  and those that desire to feel the gift of Christ’s presence.
I hope that my desire to be in Christ’s presence receives as much time as accomplishing the rest of my Christmas lists.

I hope that putting aside family differences, forgiving, and being forgiven will not just happen on these days of Advent and at Christmas gatherings but all year round.
I hope that I live my life in the service of love; by trying to become better not just during the season of Advent, but by getting ready for the coming of Christ in the Christmas of every day.

“Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus, “Go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.  As you go, make this proclamation: ‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.’  Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, drive out demons. Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.” Mt 10: 6-8
God’s hope for us isn’t just for this season, but for eternity. It is a hope without cost, just like the best gifts are those without cost—love, hope, joy, and peace.

Heavenly Father, You are all that is Good. Thank you for the gift of life, the gift of truth, and the gift of forgiveness. May I succeed in fulfilling a childlike goodness by sharing these gifts with others. Help me to prepare this Advent season to give these gifts away just as Your Son gave away His entire being for us. Amen.
There’s no greater time of Hope than in the season of Advent. And God’s promise is that our hope will be fulfilled by the coming of His son, Christ Jesus.

Live those hopes as fervently as a child in waiting for the “Kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment