Monday, October 10, 2011

Invitation

Women of Faith:

You’re invited! You are invited to finish reading this invitation.
You’re invited to attend church each Sunday. Ex 31:12-17 & Heb 10:25
You’re invited to pray daily. Eph 6:18 & Col 4:2
You’re invited to accept your sufferings, just as Jesus accepted his. 1Peter 2:19-21
You’re invited to accept Jesus’ forgiveness and mercy. Mt 18: 21-22
You’re invited to serve one another. Mt 7:12

You’re invited to enrich your marriage. (Come to date night this next Sunday at 5:30 at St. Pat’s. (Email or call for daycare). Eph 5:25-26

“He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come…..Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come. Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find. The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests…..Many are invited, but few are chosen." Mt 22: 1-10

Do we say yes to the invitation?

Yes to bringing Christian messages into our lives. Mt 10:40
Yes to attending church each week and being fed food for eternal life. Jn 6:53-58
Yes to praying; asking and allowing God to take control of our lives. Mt 7:7-8
Yes to our sufferings; the acceptance of God’s will. Mt 6: 9-13
Yes to forgiveness; and yes to forgiving; compassion and the acceptance of His mercy. Mt 6:14
Yes to service; the acceptance of gladly working for God’s glory. Mt 25:35-40
Yes to strengthening the love within our marriages; accepting God’s design for faithfully, freely, totally and fruitfully being united together. Eph 4, 5, 6

Yes to attending the feast of Jesus where all are gathered, all are invited, but we will be chosen only because we have chosen to accept and say yes to God’s invitation of each of us.

Heavenly Father: “I shall live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul. He guides me in right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage.” Ps 23 Thank you for the invitation. Help me to humbly accept all that You offer. Amen.

You’re invited. Will you accept the invitation? And will you pass the invitation on!

Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment